Distribution Center - Shipping/Receiving Specialist
Becker’s has been in business since 1928, and we’re still growing! Now it’s time to hire a shipping/receiving specialist. Are you good with people and you like warehouse work? Are you organized and reliable?
Do you wish you could get a full-time job with medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance plus a generous retirement plan but don’t have a college degree?
Do you live in or near Pennsauken and would like a short drive to work each day?
If so, we have your job! 40 hours/week. No evenings. Fair, appreciative, and positive boss. Friendly co-workers. Interesting, challenging, fast-moving work. And you get to wear jeans, shorts, and sneakers!
Pay is $10/hour to start with possibility of raises and bonuses, depending on your job performance.
Our shipping/receiving specialist:
- Receives/unloads merchandise delivered by truckers.
- Verifies merchandise content and handles accompanying paperwork.
- Receives goods, verifies box or skid quantities, comparing them to bill of lading.
- Schedules inbound and outbound deliveries of products, properly timing the carriers’ trips, maximizing efficient flow through the loading dock area.
- Places calls to and receives calls from truckers, vendors, and various other company representatives.
- Tracks and resolves problems with shipments, especially those with common carriers.
- Places merchandise into proper locations.
- Communicates with distribution center manager and departmental leads on status of incoming goods and availability of outgoing carriers.
- Utilizes forklift and maintains required certification for forklift operation.
- Reliability and conscientiousness. Attitude of cooperation, teamwork, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and through written communications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with varied personality types.
- Willingness to update supervisors and co-workers.
- Moderate to high level of detail orientation relating to receiving procedures.
- Ability to follow directions exactly and understand inquiries.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
This person will enjoy an exceptional employee benefit package, including:
- 401(k) plan with 100% matching contribution
- Paid vacation and paid holidays
- Health, life, dental, prescriptions, vision, and disability coverages
- Tax-saving cafeteria plan, including health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- NJ Transit discount plan
- Legal services plan (get a will, ask legal questions, have your own lawyer! for about $8/pay)
- Domestic partner benefits
- Paid maternity leave
- Free personal enrichment classes
- AFLAC benefits
- Employee discount on company merchandise
- Smoke-free workplace
- A management team that genuinely respects you!
Becker’s is proud to be an equal access/ equal opportunity smoke-free organization and is committed to providing equal opportunity through its employment practices. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please e-mail your resume to: Jacquelyn.Bader@cjbinc.com