School Setup Specialist/Distribution Center
Join a team of motivated, forward-thinking professionals, working in a high-energy atmosphere, while enjoying the stability and benefits of an 88-year-old family business. Headquartered in Pennsauken, New Jersey, Becker’s School Supplies provides educational supplies, equipment, and furniture to schools, teachers, and parents.
Becker’s has a busy and growing Internet business, a thriving distribution center, a 6,500-product catalog, and a retail store. Not only do we sell supplies and equipment to existing schools and organizations, but we also sell to brand new facilities -- everything including consulting services for initial product selection and classroom design and setup to the actual arrangement for and installation of an entire school’s content. This part of our business has been growing substantially, so we’re ready to enhance our team by hiring an additional School Setup Specialist.
1. School Setups (approximately 30% of your time): oversee the delivery, setup, and installation of furniture, supplies, and equipment at customers’ locations and manage personnel, product securing and delivery, accounting, and communication aspects of the projects. Work includes coordinating the fulfillment of backorders; arranging for and managing temporary workforce; arranging truck deliveries; unboxing and assembling product; removing trash, taking inventory, developing and addressing issues on punch lists.
2. Distribution Center (approximately 70% of your time): analyze customer orders, pick and pack orders, receive product, restock shelves, number and label boxes, scan products, assemble furniture, and more.
The end product of what you do is the establishment of a happy, stimulating environment in which children learn and grow.
NECESSARY JOB QUALIFICATIONS
In order to qualify for this job, you will need:
1. 5+ years’ business experience (in the education, construction, or related industry is a plus) and 2+ years supervising staff.
2. Some college coursework preferred.
3. Working knowledge of Windows-based functions including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to work independently without frequent supervision.
6. Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
7. Dedication to make this job one of your top priorities and ability to concentrate on this job for long periods of time.
8. Maturity, proper judgment, and general business knowledge.
9. Ability to communicate and work effectively with customers, staff, peers, and supervisors.
10. Ability to lead teams of temporary workers, motivate them, keep them on task, etc.
11. Ability to proofread and find even minimal discrepancies.
12. Reliability and conscientiousness. Attitude of cooperation, teamwork, and enthusiasm.
13. Ability to easily lift 70 lbs and to drive for at least 4 hours consecutively.
14. Ability to work in less-than-favorable conditions such as no air-conditioning, heat, cold, dust, occasional outdoor work (meet truck drivers outdoors; coordinate staff outdoors, etc.).
15. Maintenance of valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
16. Availability to travel by air and/or car, including overnight for 75+ days per year, with minimal advance notice.
17. Ability and familiarity with basic tools, mechanics, and construction/assembly work.
18. Attainment of at least age 25 (for car rental purposes)
19. Ability to pass reference, criminal, and credit background checks, as well as drug testing.
At Becker’s, your ideas and opinions matter to us. We will thoroughly train you in the new school installation process. Then, as you begin to “own” the process and make this segment of the business your own, we want you to take control and tell us how to improve processes, efficiency, and, most of all, customer satisfaction. Throughout your work experience, we want to hear your opinions. We truly respect our employees as professionals and want to hear what you have to say.
Joining our school installations team is a unique opportunity for the right individual. You’ll become a member of a family business whose roots are based in hard work and fair treatment and whose potential is limitless.
Our new School Setup Specialist will enjoy:
- Starting salary of $45,500/year and comprehensive employee benefits package including:
- Bonus/commission potential up to $100 per setup
- 401(k) with 100% match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, hospitalization, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance, spouse life insurance, and child life insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Legal plan insurance
- AFLAC coverages including accident insurance, cancer insurance, etc.
- Paid time off for volunteer work
- Paid maternity leave
- Adoption assistance
- Educational assistance
- Tax-saving cafeteria plan including health care flexible spending account and dependent care flexible spending account
- Credit union
- Employee discount on company merchandise
- Casual dress policy
- Smoke-free workplace
- A management team that genuinely respects work-life balance, understands special family situations and needs, and supports community charities and efforts.
- Working with an organization whose commitment to hard work, staff development, and business longevity enabled us to achieve such prestigious designations as “Family Business of the Year.”
If you’re confident that your talents match this exciting opportunity and you’re ready to grow with Becker’s, please send your resume to: Jacquelyn.Bader@CJBinc.com.
Becker’s is proud to be an equal access/equal opportunity/smoke-free organization and is committed to providing equal opportunity through its employment practices. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
No agency responses, please. No telephone calls or faxes, please. If you don’t receive a response from us, please know that we appreciate the opportunity to maintain your resume in our file should a future position more closely match your qualifications.