Guest Blogger Program
Becker’s School Supplies is looking for a few good bloggers!
WHO/WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Becker’s School Supplies will be launching a blog in February 2017. We are looking to partner with engaging writers who are able to craft original, captivating, and well-written articles about early childhood education topics.
Ideally, writers will be well-versed in ECE (early childhood education) topics; perhaps you’re an educator yourself or otherwise working in some capacity in the early childhood education space. While you don’t need to be a rock star on social media, we’d prefer if you are currently active/visible in the ECE space, both online and off-line. Added bonus if you have a strong social media following.
Finally, we'd love it if you could produce examples of high-quality articles you have written – either on your own blog or another publication. Articles need to demonstrate subject matter expertise and professionalism.
Articles can be as long as they need to be for clarity but should be concise. Ideal length would be between 800-1300 words, depending on the topic. The most important factor is that they are interesting and useful to our readers who are predominantly ECE educators or administrators. Every article should be checked for spelling or grammatical errors before submitting to us for review.
Here are some blog writing tips and best practices:
- Each article must include a title. Catchy titles are welcome!
- Formatting is your friend! Some blog formatting tips here: http://writtent.com/blog/format-perfect-blog-post-10-tips/
- Provide data to back up your points and always cite your sources!
- Provide links to other resources and websites that are mentioned in the article. If you reference a product that Becker’s sells, please link to the appropriate product page.
- Provide pictures, graphs, or screenshots where applicable (no more than 5 unless absolutely necessary). Photos will be subject to review to ensure they are royalty-free or are used with permission. Please provide your source for any images used.
Please note: Becker’s has full editorial license over submitted articles. We may edit for clarity, length, style, voice, etc. We reserve the right to reject blog articles for any reason.
SUGGESTED ARTICLE TYPES
You may also pitch op-ed type articles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-ed) but should not include topics that present a conflict of interest to the Becker’s School Supplies brand.
SUGGESTED ARTICLE TOPICS
- Infants & Toddlers
- Classroom Activities (Arts & Crafts, Games, etc.)
- Decoration (Spring décor ideas, etc.)
- Lesson ideas
- Teacher "hacks"
- Commentary on another article regarding ECE (these will be heavily critiqued)
In return for writing articles for our blog, you will get credit including a byline with a short bio and one self-serving link back to your website or blog.
We are also offering $50 to spend on our website or a $50 VISA gift card for every article that gets published on Becker’s blog.
By submitting Guest Blog Material, you hereby grant to Becker's School Supplies an exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, assignable, royalty free license to use the Guest Blog Material, and to create derivative works of same, in any manner in any medium now known or hereinafter to be developed.
If you’re interested in writing for the Becker blog, please contact Marilyn Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our Guest Blogger Program.